Thursday, May 26, 2011

I had my Endoscopy

May 24, 2011 was my Endoscopy day! I have been complaining about my very acidic stomach for how many months ago. Then there, I have decided to see an internist and there, he made me have an Endoscopy.

I am really afraid of needles. Frantically to feel the pain of an IV -- well I cried. :p I know, I am old enough to handle the needle-poking scene but not the pain. I have a very low tolerance to pain. I don't like any hospital scenes at all! especially if it is me who will be resting in one of the hospital bed there!

Anyways, Well, the IV was inserted, after tears shred in my eyes.. hehe.. then waited till the doctor came. I was inside the endoscopy room and the nurse said that the procedure will last for 5 minutes. So it was around 1:10 pm. Then they had me sedated.. and geez, it was really fast.. 2.02 seconds after.. I am as good as dead! The next thing I knew was it's time to leave the hospital. It was already 4:00 pm. Then I really wanted to sleep more but I can hear my mother calling my name and asking me in the nurses' station. So I have decided to sat then the nurse said not to  stand and just to sit for a couple of minutes. Then I went back to sleep. Then after, I saw the red digital clock, and it said 4:30. Geez, time flies so fast then! So it's time to get up. Honestly, I have realized that I was in a very deep sleep!

The only nurse in the station let my father sat beside my bed and waited. Then I stood because I don't want my parents to wait more because they have waited for so long so I started to walk... in a wobbly way..NO!... in a sober way! LOL 

Then, back in the car I was seated -- no.. I was not seated, I went back to sleep at the back of my father's car. I was lying there comfortably for 2 more hours until we need to eat dinner, then after 30 minutes we arrived home. I think it was past 7pm then I went back to sleep... very deep sleep. Then I woke up around 12:30 pm the next day and had this very heavy feeling. My head seems to be really heavy. Then I just rested on our sofa. then after dinner, everything seemed to be really normal -- until today! Thank God!

I realized that I was asleep for more than a day -- almost 2 days. and I had this very interesting dream. And It couldn't get out of my head. Well, whatever it is they have injected me to let me go deep sleeping for the last 2 days, well, that's all I need to perform for work today! :) I have not have that kind of sleep in years! I can say it was worthwhile!

I just really hope not to meet that IV again! I still don't like needles! hehehe

No comments: