Saturday, October 3, 2009

On the Cliff

My heart is pounding as I hurriedly climbed a steep elevation before the dawn.
The cold wind blew as I saw the sun hasn't risen yet from its sleep. I walked slowly towards the cliff facing the soon rising sun, feeling the soft and wet grassy ground that I am on.

The sea turned from dark blue to deep blue-green color as the sun rises in front of me while the wind is craftily playing my soft long black hair and my white dress dances on its music. The wind continually blows and blows as I stand patiently waiting on the approaching sun.

The sea birds fly, the sound of the sea reaches my ear like a lullaby and the warmth of the sun embraces me like it will never let me go. I smile at what beholds me at that moment. I close my eyes and smell the breeze of the ocean air - Salty yet fresh.

I looked behind my shoulder and saw a huge strong tree. I gaze back in front of me, now the light covers everything and I can fully see all the wonders that surround me. But I know something is lacking. Something is missing.

As I stood there waiting patiently, I looked down on my feet. The ground that was wet, now dry because of the sun's heat. I sat and huged my knees and drew something on the warm ground that I am on while the wind blue and the sun is on it's full light.

No comments: