Thursday, October 1, 2009

Are you at the same park?

I am sitting on a dark wooden bench under the big maple tree in a huge park full of walking people one cozy morning. I am reading a thick maroon Book that a good friend gave me.Every once in a while I check out on people strolling by while the gentle breeze of the morning wind touches my warm oval face and smelling the sweet fragrance of the big maple tree behind me.


Some people are busy with something or with someone but some people seem like not moving at all. I've spotted a young blond woman running towards the jampacked parking lot crying. Behind her was a young tall man trying to catch her what seems to me her cold hand but wasn't able to get it.


This park is so huge but full of people I don't know. Despite of them seemingly so tired because of walking and running, no one dares to sit by me. On my two-seater bench chair. No one even seems to bother to look at me. 

I change my gaze to the other side of the park and saw an old man smiling cunningly at what looks to me his wife. They're both sitting on a yellow table cloth under the shade of another big maple tree.


I look up and trying to see see behind the spaces of the maple leaves the blue sky and the fluffy clouds. I can hardly see the sky, so while the cool breeze of the morning wind kissing my soft cheek, I have decided to close my eyes. I wonder when will this bench be complete? Until when will I look at an empty space beside me? 


I am still holding the maroon Book in my hands and placed it close to my heart. While pondering on these thoughts, suddenly I've felt a warm water coming out of my almond shape eyes. Tears.

3 comments:

Lizzie_Psyche said...

Wow! Full of adjectives... hehe

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mignonette Joy said...

Oh thanks for your comment. and I am so glad na you're taking time to read and write!.. keep it up girl!... ahahaha