Monday, June 8, 2009

An Extraodinary Commitment

Last Sunday, June 7, Our pastor was preaching about Ruth's extraordinary commitment to Naomi. I've read the book of Ruth for several times now and honestly, this is the first time that I appreciate Ruth.

Though things got really tough on Naomi's family, she didn't stop at trusting God. However, what amazes me was the fact that there's a person who's willing to be with you at whatever cost, in whatever situation you maybe or at wherever place God will lead you.

Let's take a look at Ruth's declaration of her outstanding and extraordinary commitment:

"16 But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me." 18 When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her. " Ruth 1:16-18

I admire her commitment to Naomi even though she lost her husband, she decided to stick with her mother-in-law. For some reason she just wanted to be with her. I love it when she said "Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried." I almost cried hearing this in my heart. What a woman! She really loved her mother-in-law.

Just come to think of the fact that they will walk on an unknown journey. Not sure where God will lead them and uncertain if they will have enough food to eat or water to drink. In short, Noami is in a state of nothingness. Having nothing left behind her and a destination which she is not certain if she can accomplish or not.

But Ruth stayed with her all the way. I admire her for being such a wonderful woman. Even though she's a foreigner in Naomi's land, she embraces everything about Naomi. Her culture, her people, her way of life and most especially her God. No wonder why our very good Lord blesses her and her household ten thousand folds!

This made me think of everything Ruth had given up for Naomi. She didn't even think of going back from where she came from or I really haven't heard any complaints from her.

A commitment like hers makes God very happy. How I wish we all could have the same extraordinary commitment with God through our ministries and the things that we do for Him. Our responsibilities for our Master should always be the number one on our lists. God will bless us as we bless Him. God will raise us up 'cause He loves raising His name up by us.

May you continue walking in Faith with your full extraordinary-commitment to our One True and ever living God.

No comments: