Friday, May 14, 2010

The Sun that Always Shines


One early morning in a beautiful lagoon, my father and I rode our 2-seater old mahogany boat. We both love our early morning sails; the fresh cold winds on our faces, the icy-cold water that splashes on my face while my father tries to control the boat when it wiggles. We don't do fishing when we go out. We just hang out and watch the beautiful sun rises above the sky, giving him every light that he has to the earth to show God's majestic power. My father wouldn't allow me to hold the oars because he's afraid that my hands would get hurt. Funny, but all those time I thought that he just wouldn't let me. We were on the boad, him beside me as we watch the sun slowly rises above the sky. It was the most beautiful thing that my eyes have seen in my life. I saw how the everything lightens up and suddenly became really beautiful in my eyes. In my amazement, I looked at my father's old-aged face. He was smiling. His blue eyes reflects the sun, so peaceful. I smiled at him and he looked, smiled back at me. He tapped my head and said "like the sun, I will do everything and will give everything for you to shine and be beautiful as what you've seen here. To protect you and be sure of your future. With the best of my ability I will do it, I promise, cricket!" Then he hugged me oh so tightly. I saw my father's eyes rolled tears. I don't have any idea what he has said but I might understood the emotions he's trying to show. He loves me so much. I embraced him tightly too and said close to his ear "Daddy If there's one wish that God would ask me, I'll ask him to not let the sun down." My heart thumped and my eyes suddenly shed tears. I saw the big white seagull's flying, the pack of deers coming out from the bushes, the strong huge trees in the forrest and it's mouthwatering fruits, the cute colorful butterflies flying around the beautiful little flowers all in different hues in the field; heaven. I might be in heaven i thuoght. There's nothing in this world I could ask for more but this. I prayed to God earnestly to not let the time pass. That my father would always be like this forever. As my prayer flew in the heavens, as everything grows majestically in every place, so as my father and I. We hugged each other as long as we can.

No comments: