Monday, May 17, 2010

3 Minutes

What will you do with the last 3 minutes of your life?


"I am so sorry, I couldn't help you" an american soldier told a guy with a high quality bomb locked in his body. "Please, help me" He said in a heart breaking tone one could ever hear. The american soldier, with pale blue eyes took his bomb-proof helmet off and tried to diffuse the bomb in the poor man's body. "What's your name?" the american soldier asked "Roberto" he said in a very scary shaky tone. "I am Jesse."


Roberto's shaking as he is kneeling in a dusty gound. In front of him is a pile of square vertical metal gears which the amercans are using to protect themselves in any danger. To his left a middle-rise building. He looked up and see there are still people curiously peeking at what may seem to be a playground to them. To his right another building which has been abandoned. At his back, Jesse, the american tryinig to keep him alive. He looked up in the clear sky. He was amazed by what he just saw. A clear blue sky and the cool breeze of the wind. This should've been his perfect day. He looked at his chest and it just turned 4:00 and now decreasing. "Jesse, we're down to less than four minutes." He gasped for air. It suddenly became heavy; the wind, the situation the clock ticking. "My friend, i think it's time to go. It's 3:30 seconds", "No, I can handle this Roberto!", "I know, but I can't let you be in this. You're still young and has so many opportunities that are waiting for you. Don't end your life with me. I am old enough to make this sacrfice for my people and to yours. You may go now." He said. He pants. "Are you sure Roberto?", "Yes" He answered looking down. Tears fell on his face to the dusty ground.  He made a silent prayer to God, "Dear Jesus, I've made tons of mistakes in my entire life and never do anything that you want me to do. Now that I am in this situation, my very good and last wake up call, I am not worth of any forgiveness and your love. From the bottom of my heart, may I ask for this last request, to make this timer stop for a minute until I finished what I'll share to everyone. Amen"  he swallow a great amount of air and it filled his lungs.


He stood up looking at the dusty ground. He looked around, looking intently on every person's eyes he can see. He looked at the timer on his chest. It has stopped. He began talking. "Listen those who have ears. The God of all. The God of the earth. The God who made everything possible. The God who created each and everyone of us. The God of my life. My God loves you all. He made the biggest sacrifice of all that no one can ever fathom. The son that he loves the most, His one and only son suffered greatly because of our sins. How God loved us so much that He lets His son die for the salvation of all. I am a sinner. A person who's clean can throw me stones right now. All of us sins and must die and go to hell. But God loves us all that's why He gave us a second chance. Repent and accept His Son, Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior to be saved." He looked at the clock on his chest and the clock start ticking. "You can follow me in this prayer. God, I know I've sinned and I am sorry. I cannot save myself, you can only save me. I am accepting you as my Lord and Saviour of my life...." He looked at the clock and it said ten seconds. "begin reigning over me. Change my life. Direct my path! Write my name in the lambs book of life.... AM----" A deafening explosion was heard all over the place. Debris of rocks, sand and othe un-noticeable things flew in the air. 
.
.
.
.
.




Jesse stood in amazement at the scenery. A huge dome-like hole has been created by the explosion. Amazingly everything seems normal except for that hole. It's as if like something's covering Roberto that protects everyone around him. Tears are falling from Jesse's beautiful eyes. He doesn't know why but he earnestly prayed the prayer that Roberto had said. He knew that something happened to him that day. He just can't identfy what.....

No comments: