Friday, April 23, 2010

A moment...

I am glittering and shining. Standing in the middle of a garden I quite haven't seen in my life yet. It is surreal but I know everything is true. I walk and keep walking without ever feeling tired. I stop at a pond. I sit and look at the water suddenly there's a blinding light that comes through it.

Everything seems to be too bright like white. Slowly everything begins to show their colors. I can hear people, chatting. I hear the movement of ceramic coffee cups. I wait until I can see everything clearly. I am inside a coffee shop. I am smiling at everyone. I am smiling at one person. He stands half amaze at me. I see him wiping the table with a wet rag. He's wearing his usual coffee shop uniform. I am sitting silently at a corner of the shop. I let him see me for more than a few seconds. Then I am glittering again and began to release bright white light. None of the people in the coffee shop notice my presence but only my beloved friend. I stand up. Wave. I walk out the door then the blinding light appears again.


I wait until my eyes can see clearly. Where am I now? Everyone seems feeling hot. Sweaty. I see people with scrubs. I remember that. I hear clamoring of people. I hear sirens. I am standing and everyone's passing me by. I see her. She is writing. Jotting down notes like when we were still in high school. She look so tired but she can't rest. She keeps on looking at her left writs. Her watch. Of time. She meet my gaze. I smile widely. She seems to be amaze at me. Confuse yet not sure what she's seeing. I nod once. Step back. I began to glitter and become shiny again. She still looking intently, not a blink. I wave. I walk away. I reach the exit door then the blinding light again.


I don't know what's happening but I am just letting things do its course. I hear the ocean. I can smell the saltiness of the air. The seagull quacking. I hear the rush of air and feel it. I am at the deck of a cruise ship. I see children, mothers, fathers, young people. I keep on standing at what seems to be a platform at the Aft. The door not so far from me opened. I see her in her dirty overall full of oil. She hasn't changed. Her eyes grow larger as she see me. I smile. I wave at her. I walk closer to her. Then I am glittering again. I shine, glowing this time. As I almost touched her, the blinding light came.


That was so close. Where will I be this time? I hear people typing on their keyboards. Talking endlessly in a language I am familiar of. Then I know that I am inside of an office. A call center office. I began to smile remembering my days. I am looking straight. I see her. Wearing her usual revealing clothes. She looks different today. Her black curly hair that goes all the way through her waist now seems healthier. She's typing something. Turning her head from side to side. She's frowning just about now. She seems suddenly upset. She stands up and raise her left hand like she's explaining something. Then she finally notice me. I smile so wide that lets her show my excitement. Then I begin to raise my arms as if if I want to give a hug or welcoming someone. She stands icely in her cubicle after seeing me. She's Frozen. A tear fell on her left cheeks. Her gaze is so intent, I could feel her eyes on me. I didn't mind it. I keep on smiling. The glittering hasn't started yet and I am not yet glowing. I wish to run but my feet doesn't want to move. She remove her headset briskly. She's running towards me now. Her movement seems like a slow motion in an epic movie. The next second she's on her high heels now. Then the glittering started again. I am glowing. She's running towards me. Almost there. Almost touching the tip of her fingers. Then the blinding light again.


She is my best friend. Then I wait. Waiting for something I don't know. This time I am not hearing anything. Silence. Then I can only hear is the sound of the air conditioning running. I hear soft sobs from my right side. She's crying. Again. She's lying on her side in her small bed. I sit on the chair near me. I wait patiently for her to finish. Her hands are on her face. I hear more sobs. I smile. A grin. I see her peeking from her hands. Lying on her bed I notice that her eyes are in amazement. She sits. Looks at me. Tears keep on falling her face. She can't stop sobbing. I stand and walk towards her bed. I sit in front of her. I raise my right hand to wipe her tears then the glittering shimmering glowing bright blinding light came.


Almost touched her. Then I am hearing a very loud sound from all over the place. I see people wearing uniforms. Everyone is in motion. Going somewhere. Doing something. I look straight. I see the top of his head. Talking to his personnel. He's holding a pen and a stack of paper and some cloth bundles. He is serious. He seems serious. He walks out down that isle. I know he sees me. He ignores me once and looks again. He blinks three times and still seeing me. I give him a smile. I make a gesture. I raise my right hand and put it in my heart. Tapping it three times. He smiles back. He nod. He waves at me. Then the glittering bright shinny glowy bright light envelopes me. Then I can only see nothing. White.


I am hearing many sounds now. I hear a person saying "Blood pressure dropping". Then I hear another person saying "Scalpel number 4. Forceps. Clamp". The first person says again "Blood pressure keeps on dropping". I am hearing so many people moving around. So many steels. I hear something sucking a liquid. Then A long beep. "HANDS OFF! AWAY!" I guess that's the second person. "Clear." then A sudden heat or is it an electricity hits my skin. Then a very long beep again. "Charge to 250. Clear." the same thing but the intensity is much stronger. A long bleep again. "Charge to 650." then a female voice cuts in. "Are you insane? Do you want to get her burned?", "You will not tell me what to do and not to do. This is my operating table. This is my fiancè! So shut the hell up Cindy!!!" A burst of commotion starts. A beep. A very long beep. "It's over Dave. She's gone." I guess that's Cindy. I hear sobs. A manly sobs. Then the bright shiny shimmering glowing light came. I am sitting on the same ground and looking at what seems to be what I am still hearing at the moment. I am seeing an operating room full of people in scrubs. I saw him standing frozen. He's looking at my face. Tears started to fall on his face. He's still holding the defibrillator. I am still hearing the beeping sound  "Declare it Dave." Cindy said. "NO! She's not dead yet!" Cindy look at the nurse. "She's been down for 19 minutes." the woman said. "Dave!" looking at the man. He gave no answer. "Time of Death. 11:11pm" She declares. I glow again. Shimmering. The blinding light came. I see nothing but white. I can feel nothing but peace. I hear nothing but the sound of praise. I am drawing to a place. A place I am very familiar with. I hear sounds. Familiar sounds. A pulse.

.

.
.
.
.

A moment.....

No comments: