Friday, June 10, 2011

MYRA

For our final project in Business Communication, Mrs. Rex told us to create something that would incorporate these 10 Core Values:

* Accountability and Responsible Citizenship
* Loyalty and Promise Keeping
* Honesty and Integrity
* Caring and Respect for others
* Fairness and Equality

Our class president would want to break the habit of submitting a boring interview with executives and all. So, the class have agreed to create a movie.

In short, I was appointed to lead the class for making this movie a reality. It wasn't that easy to make a movie there are so many things I need to prepare before hand. Below are the things that I've done in making this project,

* Research
* Create
* Execute

Since I don't know how to create a screenplay, I've researched on it. How to do it and what to write. Once I am done, I started creating my master piece. The story title hasn't been final until after the last shooting day. I executed what I've created after many revisions and additions it has became final and we started shooting.

Shooting isn't as easy as I thought. As the project director and writer, it is my responsibility to make sure for our shooting location. This is one of our biggest dilemma. We don't have a place to shoot our movie aside from the school. Thank heavens that AGSB is kind enough to grant our abrupt, last-minute request to use facilities in 5 - Saturdays.

What I've learned during the making of the film is that you must be cool at all times, no matter what happens. 

Aside from being cool no matter what, to avoid confusion among your group mates: Prepare the necessary things that you will use ahead. Scout for location, ask for reservation, know the availability of your co-workers and most especially, make sure that they know what they are doing.

I am blessed to have a very helpful, understanding and cool group mates! They are ready whatever you need in the script/scene.


Also, for the post production, you must scout which reliable editing firm or company to fully furnish your wonderful masterpiece.

One setback I've made was not to be strong enough and brave enough to share responsibilities with others. I have fears of rejection and failure. I am not saying that they cannot do the task but not reaching the goal is what I am scared of.

One great lesson I've learned is that to become yourself and let others help you. That it is fun not to force others to be great.

Doing this project is one of my milestone. I have dreamed of directing a screenplay one day, and I never imagined I will direct my own screenplay. I thank God for this wonderful opportunity that I've shared with my classmates what I can do. 

I hope that I became a blessing to them.

I am hoping that my professor, Mrs. Adelina Rex would love the film.

No comments: